Are you tired of eating the same boring sandwich or salad for lunch? If you answered “yes”, you’re in luck! These chicken avocado spring rolls are easy to make and a perfect lunch for anyone, even kids!
Today’s recipe is Chicken Avocado Spring Rolls:
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 8 ounces free range chicken or turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
For the spicy peanut sauce:
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha
1. Working one at a time, wet rice paper for 10 seconds and transfer to a work surface. Place arugula in the center of each wrapper and top with cucumber, carrot, chicken/turkey, red onion and avocado. Bring the bottom edge of the wrap tightly over the filling, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the sheet is reached, being careful not to tear the rice paper. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
2. To make the dipping sauce, whisk together peanut butter, water, hoisin and Sriracha in a small bowl.