Are you looking for a twist on a traditional spaghetti recipe? This spaghetti squash recipe is not only simple and healthy, but LOW-CARB, too!
Today’s recipe is Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
For the Spaghetti Squash:
- 1 (2-3 pounds) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise from stem to tail and scrape out the seeds. *Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Place squash, cut-side down, onto the prepared baking dish. Place into oven and roast until tender, about 35-45 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
5. Using a fork, scrape the flesh to create long strands.
6. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
7. Stir in vegetable broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 4 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
8. Stir in spaghetti squash and gently toss to combine until heated through, about 2 minutes.
9. Serve immediately, topped with Parmesan and garnished with parsley, if desired.